[vtkusers] VTK-file format in ITK

Osc@r olguna at cimat.mx
Fri Oct 12 20:30:00 EDT 2007

Hi, All!!!

    A  short time ago I made a console application for
FastMarchingSegmentation just like the one in ITK SoftwareGuide with 2 basic
differences
    1. It works with 3D images
    2. multi-seed
At that time the results kept in Analyze (.hdr) format, It were able to seen
the results with Volview 2.0 Free patch 5.
Nowadays I'm doing a GUI application for visualization using VTK

ITK writes vtk_structured_points (.vtk) format so I seemed normal to use it
and read those data with VTK_structured_point Reader, before I test this in
my GUI  I tried to read those data with Volview but didn't work. when
volview tried to open the file appears vtkOutputWindow with 3 messages
    1.    Error in  c:\...  Error reading spacing
    2. & 3. Error in  c:\...   can't add histograms from a NULL das...
    Is there some special configuration for itk::vtkImagewriter that I
missed??
    or, vtkVolview can't read vtk structured point format?? or, there is a
problem with itk::vtkImageIO??

I'm using ITK 3.2.0
code for writer is as follows:

writerOutput gets type image<unsigned char,3> and has just 0 and 355 values
writerOutput->SetInput(Thresholder->GetOutput());
writerOutput->SetFileName("FinalSegmentation_3D.vtk");
try{
writerOutput->Update();
} catch (itk::ExceptionObject & exp) {std::cout << exp << std::endl;}

I'm using ITK 3.2.0

when the writer was Analyze format there were no error

Thanks in advance...

Oscar Gutiérrez Luna
CIMAT A. C.
Cubiculo: J4