[vtkusers] strange results with vtkClipDataSet

WolfgangZ wollez at gmx.net
Fri Oct 12 08:17:29 EDT 2007

Hi,

I get strange results with vtkClipDataSet. My source data is a
unstructured mesh and I need to clip a rectangular part out of it. As
clip function I use a vtkBox. The nice thing with vtkClipDataSet is that
it does not triangulate inner cells (vtkBoxClipDataSet triangulates all
cells). The problem is that the output has not a rectangular shape as
the corners are "round". Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug?

My python script can be found here:
http://perswww.kuleuven.be/~u0049353/vtk/gridclip.py

and the sample unstructured mesh:
http://perswww.kuleuven.be/~u0049353/vtk/holz1x1d.vtu