[vtkusers] wglMakeCurrent failed errors when running VTK applications

James Zhou henryjoye at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 20:28:09 EDT 2007

Hi, all,

I use the VTK CVS night source of Oct. 5,2007 in my applications. I built
the VTK source successfully on win xp using MSVC 2005. My graphics card is
GeForce 8300 and I updated the graphics driver to be the latest. But when I
run examples, there is no display. The error is as follows:

E:\Kitware\VTK\Rendering\vtkWin32OpenGLRenderWindow.cxx, line 235
vtkWin32OpenGLRenderWindow (03A4C500): wglMakeCurrent failed in
MakeCurrent(), error: The handle is invalid.

When I built my own applications, there is no problem. But when I run them,
there is also no display the error is same as in VTK examples. Does anyone
have any ideas about this problem?

Thanks.

James