[vtkusers] help compile with autoconf

Davide Pasini ilpaso at inwind.it
Tue Oct 2 05:04:42 EDT 2007

this is the fastest solution:
(I'm working in Ubuntu and vtk libraries are installed in /usr/lib and my
IDE is Anjuta2.2.1)
add in configure.ac:

dnl ##################
	VTK_PREFIX="/usr"
dnl these are the VTK libraries of a default build
	VTK_LIBS="-lvtkCommon -lvtkDICOMParser -lvtkexpat -lvtkFiltering
-lvtkfreetype -lvtkftgl               -lvtkGraphics -lvtkHybrid -lvtkImaging
-lvtkIO -lvtkjpeg -lvtkpng -lvtkRendering -lvtktiff -lvtkzlib -lvtkWidgets"

dnl set VTK c,cpp,ld flags
	VTK_CFLAGS="-I$VTK_PREFIX/include/vtk-5.0"
	VTK_CXXFLAGS="$VTK_CFLAGS"
	VTK_LDFLAGS="-L$VTK_PREFIX/lib $VTK_LIBS"

   CFLAGS="$VTK_CFLAGS $CFLAGS"
   CXXFLAGS="$VTK_CXXFLAGS $CXXFLAGS"
   LDFLAGS="$VTK_LDFLAGS $LDFLAGS"

and modify VTK_PREFIX="/usr" , VTK_CFLAGS="-I$VTK_PREFIX/include/vtk-5.0"
and VTK_LDFLAGS="-L$VTK_PREFIX/lib $VTK_LIBS" with your vtk library path

bye