[vtkusers] Mapper/Actor not updating

Luke J West ljw at noc.soton.ac.uk
Mon Oct 1 09:13:10 EDT 2007

Hi,

when I render an unstructured grid, then change the vtkPoints object it is based
on, and re-render... the image is unchanged even though I ->UpdateData() the
grid and ->Update() the Mapper. The only way I can get it to work is to destroy
the Mapper. Does this suggest anything to anyone? Is there something else I
might try updating?

Thanks, details follow

Luke

UnstructuredGrid->SetPoints(Points);

DataSetMapper->SetInput(UnstructuredGrid);

Actor->SetMapper(Mapper);

RenderWindow->Render();

/*
 change the point positions of the Points object here!!
 */

Grid->UpdateData();
Mapper->Update();

RenderWindow->Render(); // image is unchanged!!