[vtkusers] any vtkAssignAttribute example needed for JAVA please

dschulle dschuller_topgun at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 19 06:42:53 EST 2007

Hello-

Can someone please send me an example of how to use vtkAssignAttribute??
Below is my code and I dont think it is working correctly.  I want to use
vtkAssignAttribute to change scalars to vectors.  thank you

vtkImageGradient grad = new vtkImageGradient();
grad.SetDimensionality(3);
grad.SetInputConnection(DEMdata.GetOutputPort());

// trying to use vtkAssignAttribute here to label the scalar fields as
vectors
vtkAssignAttribute testaa = new vtkAssignAttribute();
testaa.SetInputConnection(grad.GetOutputPort());
testaa.Assign(0,1,0); // dont know how this is actually supposed to work ???
testaa.Update();