[vtkusers] Please help!.Surface reconstuction from point data set

sai pritham pritham1002 at yahoo.co.in
Fri Nov 16 14:29:01 EST 2007

Hi All ,
       Iam new to VTK.  I have a task of generating a surface from point data set. This point data set is present in
 text file containing x y and z coordinates.
This might seem to basic for some. I am working in VC++.  Could some one please direct me to proper relevant resource for c++,.

The link mentioned in this email doesn't seem to work.

http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/vtkusers/attachments/20060526/257e3317/ReconstructSurface.obj

The following snippet seems to be wrong with the code.

int iNo = points->GetNumberOfPoints();
for (int i=0; iInsertNextCell(1,&i);
data->SetPolys(polys);
polys->Delete();

Could some one please help me with getting the proper code.

I have done the following modification to the code

int iNo = points->GetNumberOfPoints();
for (int i=0; i<iNo;i++)
{
    iInsertNextCell(1,&i);
    data->SetPolys(polys);
}
polys->Delete();

The result is that i get a arbitrary surface and at an offset distrance
 from the cloud of points.

What i needed is the surface to be generated out of these points. Could some one direct me to proper code or resource doing this functionality.

Thanks a lot for your time

Thanks
Sai

      Flying to Bangalore or Bhopal? Search for tickets at http://in.farechase.yahoo.com