[vtkusers] Cocoa VTK on Mac OS X 10.5

Dan Wilson danjwilson at gmail.com
Sat Nov 3 09:41:34 EDT 2007

Hi,

>> So what this leaves me with is the following linker errors, which all
>> look fairly similar:
>>
>>  "_strerror$UNIX2003", referenced from:
>>      vtksys::SystemTools::GetLastSystemError()      in
>> libvtksys.a(SystemTools.o)
>>      vtkErrorCode::GetStringFromErrorCode(unsigned long)in
>>
>> SNIP
>>
>> Any ideas? The only other deviation from your instructions is that
>> I'm
>> not building universal binaries, just i386.
>
> All that "$UNIX2003" stuff still makes me think it's a 10.4 - 10.5
> mismatch.  You said you are using the 10.4 SDK is both cases, good;
> but
> are you sure your 'deployment target' is the same in both your VTK
> build
> and SimpleCocoaVTK build?

I think you may be correct about the mismatch. Starting again from
scratch with a clean VTK build and a clean project build fixed the
remaining issues.

Another possibility may have been that changes to paths in Xcode's
Source Trees, i.e. for $(vtk-debug), don't seem to propagate to the
open projects -  you have to close and reopen. I didn't realise this
at the time, so the project may have been trying to link against the
wrong build.

In any case, a fresh start using the system zlib resulted in a
successful build of the application.

Thanks for you help,

Dan.