[vtkusers] How to generate smooth line

Dominik Szczerba domi at vision.ee.ethz.ch
Thu May 31 06:01:14 EDT 2007

Hi,
Please, stay on the mailing list. I simply walk the nodes and average
their positions (you have to BuildLinks() before to access the
neighbors). Just study the multiple polydata examples on that. This will
of course lose features, a disadvantage to some extent correctable by
projection of the smoothed nodes back onto the original poly-line (RTFM
on PointLocator, FindClosestPoint, and references therein).
- Dominik