[vtkusers] Ray casting and picking intersection point

Meisam Aliroteh meisam.aliroteh at gmail.com
Wed May 30 09:40:52 EDT 2007

Hi everyone,

I would like to know how can I use vtk to cast a ray from a given point in a
given direction and pick the intersection point of the ray with an actor.
Basically I have 2 actors, one for rendering a poly data that forms an
"outer shell" and another for rendering a poly data that forms an "inner
shell". For every point of the inner shell, using it's normal, I would like
to figure out where is the intersection on the outer shell, and I thought I
could use ray casting method.

If you have any ideas, please respond.

thanks