[vtkusers] Manipulating 3D data sets and displaying isosurfaces

Christian Zemlin zemlinc at upstate.edu
Thu May 24 09:58:13 EDT 2007

I would like to have a 3D array of floats, initially set to zero, then draw a line in it (i.e. set the values along this line to 1), apply a gaussian filter and render the 0.5 isosurface.

Generating the isosurface and rendering I can take over from the "quadrics" example, but what is the appropriate object for the 3D array of floats (so that I can use vtk's filtering functions) and how do I connect it to  vtkContourFilter?

- Christian