[vtkusers] how to turn OffScreenRendering on?

Kevin H. Hobbs hobbsk at ohiou.edu
Tue May 22 15:52:38 EDT 2007

On Tue, 2007-05-22 at 13:33 -0400, Mark Wyszomierski wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I wanted to do some offscreen rendering. I loaded a volume up, stuck
> it in a render window, added an interactor and orientation widget
> (which moves with camera changes).
>
> I set OffScreenRenderingOn() in the render window, but it still
> appears - I guess because it has an interactor attached to it?
>
> Is there anyway to force the vvtk render window to stay hidden?

There are also the graphics and rendering factories. Include the lines
below before you create an instance of any other VTK class.

// Graphics Factory
vtkGraphicsFactory * graphics_factory
	= vtkGraphicsFactory::New();
graphics_factory->SetOffScreenOnlyMode( 1);
graphics_factory->SetUseMesaClasses( 1 );

// Imaging Factory
vtkImagingFactory * imaging_factory
	= vtkImagingFactory::New();
imaging_factory->SetUseMesaClasses( 1 );