[vtkusers] DCMTK on Macintosh OS X anyone?

Anja Ende anja.ende at googlemail.com
Tue Jul 10 15:59:00 EDT 2007

Hi everyone,

My question is not really related to VTK but I think many people here have
experience using DCMTK, so worth a shot!

I have a project that works well on windows and linux and uses VTK along
with DCMTK. I recently tried to port in to OS X and get the following errors
from the DCMTK files. DCMTK compiled and installed fine.

My includes look as follows:

#ifdef _WIN32
    #include "dcmtk/config/cfwin32.h"
#else
    #include "dcmtk/config/cfunix.h"
#endif

#include "dcmtk/config/osconfig.h"
#include "dcmtk/ofstd/oftypes.h"
#include "dcmtk/dcmdata/dctk.h"

During compilation, I am getting the following error:

/usr/local/dicom/include/dcmtk/dcmdata/dcobject.h:251: error: expected
unqualified-id before 'do'
/usr/local/dicom/include/dcmtk/dcmdata/dcobject.h:251: error: expected
unqualified-id before 'while'
/usr/local/dicom/include/dcmtk/dcmdata/dcbytstr.h:198: error: expected
unqualified-id before 'do'
/usr/local/dicom/include/dcmtk/dcmdata/dcbytstr.h:198: error: expected
unqualified-id before 'while'
/usr/local/dicom/include/dcmtk/dcmdata/dcitem.h:208: error: expected
unqualified-id before 'do'
/usr/local/dicom/include/dcmtk/dcmdata/dcitem.h:208: error: expected
unqualified-id before 'while'

I checked these header files and it is always this declaration:

virtual OFCondition verify(const OFBool autocorrect = OFFalse );

I was wondering if anyone else has come across this problem and can offer
some insight on how to solve it.

Many thanks.

Cheers,

Anja