[vtkusers] Volume Rendering and contour Filters

Mohamed Ben Reguiga breguiga_mh at yahoo.fr
Wed Jan 31 06:51:18 EST 2007

Hello all,
I'm realy a biginner in the VTK's World and I'm developping a C++ Project (MSVC)f or medical visualization and I'm facing a big probleme I think !

I  create in memory a volume from a stack of Images that I have, using for that vtkStructrePoints , I've used this volume for the MultiPlanar Reconstitution and MIP : every thing is good untill here! But I want now to use filters to vizualize Skin, Bones and vussels this is the problem :
I followed the Medical exemples and I've changed the code like following to be able for use with the vtkStructrePoints object and not the vtkVolume16Reader :

vtkStructrePoints * VlmMem=vtkStructrePoints::New()
vtkContourFilter *skinExtractor = vtkContourFilter::New();
 skinExtractor->SetInput(VlmMem);
skinExtractor->SetValue(0, 500);
aRender->addActor(skin);
aRender->Render();
and at the render() command, nothing happens after, and using the task manager of windows I see that the memory is growin up more and more and after a moment I must kill the process.

What's wrong with what I've done as changes, and is it possible to use contour filters with DataSets container and not file Readers (from disc) because the images that I use to make the volume are created and not read from disc (they don't exist on the disc)!

thank you for your help!

http://fr.answers.yahoo.com