[vtkusers] Question on vtkPolyData ,vtkTriangleFilter and MPI

Wei Woo weiwoo11 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 30 21:10:58 EST 2007

I am again writing  my question.Is it always preferable to triangulate vtkPolyData  using vtkTriangleFilter when it is not triangulated?In  the VTK book,it is recommended to use parallel  make even on a single processor system.I have installed without parallel option.I have very little knowledge with MPI,But this time if I want to use parallel on a single computer what do I need to do?How to configure VTK with MPI on a single processor?Thanks
  Wei.

Wei Woo <weiwoo11 at yahoo.com> wrote:
    When vtkPolyData is not triangulated,then should it be triangulated first.Should it make the normals more regular and consistent rather than when not triangulated?
  Looking forward to a reply.Wei.