[vtkusers] Building a grayscale lookup table

Jesús Spí­nola jspinola at gmail.com
Tue Jan 30 09:14:05 EST 2007

Hello,

my purpose is to build a grayscale lookup table and apply it to a
vtkImageViewer2 object.

My lookup table can have either 256 or 65536 entries. For each entry I only
have one value and the values in each entry may be unsigned chars or
unsigned ints.
The source of the lut data is on an array and I'm trying to put that data on
vtkLookupTable but I don't find any method to do this. I see the setTable
method, but it says "The table array is an unsigned char array with 4
components representing RGBA." and I only have one component. Is this an
errata on the documentation?

How can I pass an array of only one component and make the vtkLookupTable
object to treat it correctly?

Thanks in advance!