[vtkusers] Mac OS X, Java guru needed, please.

Julian Yu-Chung Chen julian9 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 27 12:35:20 EST 2007

Hi all,

I just built VTK Java binding recently. This is some config I used.

BUILD_SHARED_LIBS:BOOL=ON
VTK_USE_COCOA:BOOL=ON
VTK_WRAP_JAVA:BOOL=ON
JAVA_AWT_INCLUDE_PATH:PATH=/System/Library/Frameworks/
JavaVM.framework/Home/include
JAVA_AWT_LIBRARY:FILEPATH=/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/
Versions/1.5.0/Libraries/libjawt.dylib

I am using cmake version 2.4-patch 5 in Macports.
As some people mentioned in previous mails, at default cmake will
figure to use JavaEmbedding framework instead JavaVM,
and it didn't generate JAVA_AWT_LIBRARY:FILEPATH option.

I tried using Carbon option instead of COCOA option, but in running
the program, VTK renderwindow will appear on a separate
window instead of a panel inside Java container and the interaction
is not right either. Using Cocoa will be just fine.

I am not so familiar with cmake. Maybe some changes in cmake needs to
be made to let it figure out these options correctly?

My hardware and OS
MacBook Pro, MacOSX 10.4.8, Xcode 2.4.1

my .02 cents
--