[vtkusers] Mac OS X, Java guru needed, please.

David Cole david.cole at kitware.com
Fri Jan 26 11:04:31 EST 2007

On my PPC Mac, to get things to work properly with java wrapped VTK, I have
to specify JAVA_AWT_LIBRARY as "-framework JavaEmbedding"

If I recall correctly, though, JavaEmbedding is being deprecated by Apple. I
don't know if it's presently supported at all on the Intel Macs... I also
don't know what the AWT library is supposed to become once the JavaEmbedding
framework is completely gone and *really* deprecated.

If you can find/figure out what the proper library to link against is for
Java AWT applications on Intel Macs and get that information to me, I will
do what I can to make this experience less frustrating for the next person
to try it.

Anybody else who's listening know what the migration path is for folks
presently using JavaEmbedding for AWT support?

Sorry it's been such a battle for you.

Hope this helps,
David Cole