[vtkusers] Cannot run executable files

Xuelian Zhu xuelian.penn at gmail.com
Thu Jan 25 16:03:02 EST 2007

Thank you very much for your help! I tried to give the absolute path, but I
got error message as the following:

ERROR: In
/home/xuelian/Downloads/VTK/vtk-src-unix/Rendering/vtkXOpenGLRenderWindow.cxx,
line 326
vtkXOpenGLRenderWindow (0x80582e8): bad X server connection.

ERROR: In
/home/xuelian/Downloads/VTK/vtk-src-unix/Rendering/vtkXOpenGLRenderWindow.cxx,
line 169
vtkXOpenGLRenderWindow (0x80582e8): bad X server connection.

Segmentation fault (core dumped)

Does this mean my VTK's installation has some problem? I followed the VTK
user's guide 4.4 and used the CD in the book to install the Cmake and VTK.

Thank you very much!

Best wishes,
Xuelian