[vtkusers] Questions about planes and normals

Sawsan Ahmed sawsanahm at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 24 21:58:44 EST 2007

Hi,
      Thank you very much for your kind reply.But I want to extract two edges separately  and convert those to two separate polydata and then manipulate.Could you pls give any hints about that?The extracted points from the edges may lie too close to each other or intersect.

  regards,
  Sawsan

David.Pont at ensisjv.com wrote:
    Sawsan Ahmed <sawsanahm at yahoo.com> wrote on 21/01/2007 04:02:39:

> Hi Friends,
>               I posted questions but till now without any answer.May
> be those answers are too easy.But I am stuck.I am posting those
> questions again:
>
> 1) Suppose I have got a tube (of arbitrary shape),two ends of which
> are arbitrarily cut.I want to extract only those two ends.How can I do that?

try vtkFeature edges to extract boundary edges

> 2)I have got a point on the surface of a tube and have calculated
> the normal at that point.Now I want to extend a line along that
> normal so that it cuts the other end on the surface of the tube and
> I want to get that point of intersection of this line with the tube
> at the other end.

I see in vtk 5 vtkBSPIntersections that might be useful here

  regards
     DP