[vtkusers] Installing Java-VTK on Linux

rkemp rkemp at few.vu.nl
Wed Jan 24 08:43:43 EST 2007

Hi, I'm trying to install VTK with Java Wrapping on Linux. I've found a howto
(http://www.duke.edu/~iwd/howto/VTK-Linux-Java_HOWTO.html) and followed it strictly. All steps seem
to go well, but when I finally want to compile the Cone.java (from the VTK examples), the compiler
objects and says that "package vtk does	not exist".

I tried a few different approaches:

-I did include the path to the vtk.jar into my classpath environment variable
-I used the -classpath /path/to/vtk.jar flag with javac
-I copied the vtk.jar file into the directory where Cone.java is located

But it keeps giving the above error (followed by some related errors). Does anyone know the cause of
this error and how to solve it?

Thanks a lot,

Roelof Kemp