[vtkusers] vertex number changed?

Dongqing Chen dqchen at cvip.louisville.edu
Tue Jan 23 23:33:32 EST 2007

Dear All:

    Now I have a question when running an algorithm on a poly dataset.

    for each iteration, I mainly compute principal curvatures and normal vector at all the vertices. Then apply the curvture-based algorithm to generate new positions of all the vertices. But I find after each iteration, the total number of vertices did not keep same, and changed a little bit.

  Is this common, since I tried to keep the polydata topology same. Otherwise, how to keep the number unchanged?

  Thanks a lot.

Best Wishes,
Dongqing Chen
Ph.D Research Assistant
Rm. 07, Paul C. Lutz Hall
Computer Vision & Image Processing (CVIP) Lab
Department of Electrical & Computer Engineering
Speed School of Engineering
University of Louisville
Louisville, KY. 40292
U.S.A