[vtkusers] About WM_PAINT management

xabi riobe xabivtk at gmail.com
Mon Jan 15 06:14:52 EST 2007

Hi,

I have an application built with VTK 5.0.2 and wxWidget and I noticed
on windowsXP that my views were rendered twice at creation or when
resizing. I looked in vtkWin32RenderWindowInteractor and I saw that in
vtkHandleMessage2 the code for the WM_PAINT event is a call to
Render(), wich implies a first rendering of the view, and then a
CallMessageProc.
At that point we enter in vtkWin32OpenGLRenderWindow::ProcessMessage
and there is another call to Render() on the WM_PAINT event.

What I have temporaly done is put in comment the CallMessageProc call
and all works fine but it's not a clean solution.

Maybe a system of flags or something else could avoid the second
rendering if we passed in the first Render() call?

Does someone have an advice for that?

Thanks
X.R.