[vtkusers] Basic Linear algebra in vtk

Arne Hansen bsd.diverse at gmail.com
Wed Jan 10 12:53:52 EST 2007

I am writing my vtk-programs in c++. I have a matrix of eigenshapes, a
meanshape and a vector of eigenmodes.
In order to visualize these (PCA-visualization) i need to somehow multiply
them in vtk with a variance vector containing weights.

so

meanshape+eigenshapes*(weights*eigenmodes)

this will result in a vector which i then need to reshape into a 3D volume
before i can visualize it as an isosurface, using the vtkContourFilter, in
vtk.

These operations are very easily done in matlab, but how can i do these
matrix multiplications and matrix reshaping in VTK?

I  hope someone can help me out.
Thank you very much