[vtkusers] conversion of image data to unstructured grid

Amy Squillacote amy.squillacote at kitware.com
Tue Jan 9 09:28:39 EST 2007

Hi Martin,

vtkStructuredPointsToUnstructuredGridFilter is an abstract class. Before
the new pipeline in VTK (i.e., version 4.4 and earlier), it was the
superclass for filters that took vtkStructuredPoints as input and
produced vtkUnstructuredGrid as output. In VTK 5.*, the superclass for
filters that produce vtkUnstructuredGrid is
vtkUnstructuredGridAlgorithm. vtkDataSetTriangleFilter is one of its
subclasses that operates on any vtkDataSet and produces
vtkUnstructuredGrid. See
http://www.vtk.org/doc/nightly/html/classvtkDataSetTriangleFilter.html.

- Amy