[vtkusers] LOD filter for glyphs

Patrick boenzli patrick at orxonox.net
Mon Jan 8 15:57:38 EST 2007

hi vtk-wizards!

I'm currently looking for a LOD (level of detail) filter for glyphs (or
any data sets): With big input data size glyphs fileds get very crowded
and unhandy. To get better overview I would like to use/write a filter
that only displays glyphs for a subset of the field.
Each glyph then represents a set of glyphs (depending on the level of
detail)

I found LOD-Actors but no LOD filters, is there anything usable in the
vtk library that I'm not aware of? If not, I will write such a filter in
the next few days (and commit my work to the vtk project if the project
would be interessted in the filter).

I tought about using the obb dicer to split the dataset into subsets and
use them for the LOD-filter.

Do you have any tips for me to start with?

thank you all!
best wishes,
Patrick