[vtkusers] vtkTexturedSphere simple problem

Pedro Monica pedromonica at gmail.com
Sun Jan 7 11:30:28 EST 2007

Hello everyone.

Im trying to do a home-work in VTK but i'm having some problems...
I want to put a texture on a HALF SPHERE, well, the problem is that with
vtkSphereSource i can design halph a sphere like this :

vtkSphereSource *Sphere = vtkSphereSource::New();
  Sphere->SetStartPhi(0.0);
  Sphere->SetEndPhi(90.0);

but with this class the texture does not fit.

With the class vtkTexturedSphereSource i can put the texture in the sphere
but i cant design half a sphere.

this class doesnt have the methods, ::SetStartPhi and ::SetEndPhi, it has
SetPhi and SetTheta but seems that these 2 dont work. I tried like this :

vtkTexturedSphereSource *Sphere = vtkTexturedSphereSource::New();
  Sphere->SetPhi(0.0);
  Sphere->SetPhi(90.0);

but with this code the sphere is complete...and not half a sphere like i
pretend...

So, mainly the problem is, with vtkSphereSource i cant fit the texture,
with vtkTexturedSphereSource i cant draw half a sphere.

Hope someone can help me...
thank you