[vtkusers] make errors

Kenneth Sloan kennethrsloan at gmail.com
Fri Jan 5 12:36:52 EST 2007

On Jan 5, 2007, at 9:56 AM, Glen Lehmann wrote:

> Hello Kenneth,
>
> I just tried a fresh build of VTK 5.0.2 with CMake 2.4.  I ran into a
> different problem than the one you describe:  I always alias make to
> 'make -j 2' on my dual core machine, this caused the build to fail
> (make was trying to link against libraries that weren't built yet).  I
> removed the alias the the build worked fine.

I just checked my aliases - none for make.

> I suggest downloading the lastest cvs version of VTK:
>
>>> cvs -d :pserver:anonymous at public.kitware.com:/cvsroot/VTK login
> (respond with password vtk)
>
>>> cvs -d :pserver:anonymous at public.kitware.com:/cvsroot/VTK
>>> checkout VTK

I just tried that, following someone else's suggestion.  I ran into a
roadblock when I discovered that the procedures for building VTK
seemed to be VERY DIFFERENT.  I'm waiting for a reply to help me sort
that out.  Briefly, I see a README.html that references VTK version
3.2, and a /macintosh directory with detailed instructions on dealing
with Python (mostly).  Suffice it to say that "cmake -i ../vtk" did
not do anything useful.

--
Kenneth Sloan
KennethRSloan at gmail.com