[vtkusers] make errors

Glen Lehmann glehmann at atamai.com
Fri Jan 5 10:56:25 EST 2007

Hello Kenneth,

I just tried a fresh build of VTK 5.0.2 with CMake 2.4.  I ran into a
different problem than the one you describe:  I always alias make to
'make -j 2' on my dual core machine, this caused the build to fail
(make was trying to link against libraries that weren't built yet).  I
removed the alias the the build worked fine.

I suggest downloading the lastest cvs version of VTK:

>> cvs -d :pserver:anonymous at public.kitware.com:/cvsroot/VTK login
(respond with password vtk)

>> cvs -d :pserver:anonymous at public.kitware.com:/cvsroot/VTK checkout VTK

As for the Build Notes files on the Dashboard, they are used to create
the initial CMakeCache.txt file in the vtk-bin directory.  After CMake
is run, the CMakeCache.txt file is populated with many more CMake
settings.  You can compare the values in the Build Notes files to
their corresponding values in your CMakeCache.txt file.

Glen