[vtkusers] the number of vertexes on a cube

xabi riobe xabivtk at gmail.com
Fri Jan 5 08:23:16 EST 2007

The cube is not seen as a "single" object. The polydata divides it in
6 faces with 4 points that define the rectangle, and the number of
points returned is 4x6=24.

If you want to obtain 8 you could use a vtkCleanPolyData that merges
duplicate points:
     vtkCleanPolyData *clean = vtkCleanPolyData::New();
     clean->SetInput(pCube->GetOutput());
     vtkPolyData *data = clean->GetOutput();

data->GetNumberOfPoints() will return 8.