[vtkusers] a slightly different Glyph Filter

Patrick boenzli patrick at orxonox.net
Fri Jan 5 04:39:50 EST 2007

Hallo!

I would like to use/make a filter, that works similar to the Glyph
(vtkPVGlyphFilter/vtkGlyph3D). The only difference is that it should
display a glyph for every coordinate component (for the x, y and z
direction/component) of each input point.
This makes a sum of 3 glyphs for each point. Since I am a new to
VTK/Paraview have you got any hints on how to make such a filter in the
simplest way possible?

I looked through the vtkPVGlyphFilter/vtkGlyph3D code for myself: would
it be a good idea to use vtkGlyph3D and rewrite the code in a way that
for each point there are three glyphs drawn and use this "new" filter as
a plugin for paraview?

there are so many possibilities to do such a thing, I hope one of you
more experienced coders can give me some hints about the nicest way to
do this.

thank you very much,
best wishes,
patrick