[vtkusers] on GetPointCells, i need your help please!

PAUL polinzhuo at 163.com
Fri Jan 5 01:19:06 EST 2007

Hello everyone!

A cell may be a vertex , a triangle, a edge and so on.

What type is the return of GetPointCells()?

I want to get all cells adjacent to a share point. is the code below right?

but I cannot get the cells sharing the interest point "ptIdinCurrentCell".
Why? The code below:

     vtkCubeSource *pCube = vtkCubeSource::New();

     pCube->SetCenter(0,0,0);

     pCube->SetXLength(2);

     pCube->SetYLength(2);

     pCube->SetZLength(2);

     vtkPolyData *data = pCube->GetOutput();

     data->Update();

     int cellCount = data->GetNumberofCell();

     for (i=0;i<cellCount-1;i++)

     {

         vtkIdList *CurrentcellPts = vtkIdList::New();

         data->GetCellPoints(i,CurrentcellPts);

         float ccc[3];

         vtkIdType ptIdinCurrentCell = CurrentcellPts->GetId(0);

         data->GetPoint(ptIdinCurrentCell,ccc);

         data->BuildLinks();

         data->GetPointCells(ptIdinCurrentCell,cellIDs);

         int cellcount = cellIDs->GetNumberOfIds();

         int cellID = cellIDs->GetId(0);

     }

paul