[vtkusers] Re: # of VTK users

Goodwin Lawlor goodwin.lawlor at ucd.ie
Wed Jan 3 09:53:41 EST 2007

Hi Mark,

Mark Wyszomierski wrote:
 > I read that too, but that is the # of users registered for the mailing
 > list no? (and that number hasn't changed since I was first introduced
 > to VTK 2 years ago, if I can remember correctly).
That's true

 > I wonder if that
 > number is still accurate, or if there is some other information as to
 > how many ppl are using it while not necessarily registered to the
 > mailing list. Don't know how that could be tracked, but just
 > wondering!

If you look at the posting rate
(http://gmane.org/plot-rate.php?group=gmane.comp.lib.vtk.user) the
number of posts/day has been fairly consistent over the last two years -
about 15-20 a day. It dropped from about 20-25 a day in 2004.

That would indicate the number of active users is the same (probably
less that the 1900 registered to the list) over the last two years... or
else VTK is getting easier to understand and people don't need to ask
questions ;-)

Goodwin