[vtkusers] update: cycle in dylib re-exports with /usr/X11R6/lib/libGL.dylib

Matthias Riechmann riechmann at ira.uka.de
Sat Dec 15 05:43:11 EST 2007

Hi,

I made some progress in narrowing the source of the error down: My
project is divided into several executables and several libraries. Some
of these libraries are already dependant on VTK and Qt. One executable
(call it "A") is dependant of the project's libraries AND VTK and Qt.
There I get the error mentioned below. The other executable (call it
"B") is only dependant on VTK and QT, it compiles just fine.
My guess: I'm linking my executable "A" to VTK and Qt twice: directly
and indirectly via my own libraries. Is this a flaw in concept? In
Windows and recent MacOS versions it worked out fine but with MacOS 10.5
the problems started.

Matthias