[vtkusers] small error using vtkImagePlaneWidget?

Mark Wyszomierski markww at gmail.com
Sun Apr 15 14:48:41 EDT 2007

Hi,

I've set up a pipeline between vtkImagePlaneWidget and vtkImageData.
It looks like this:

    vtkImageData* pImgData = pPlaneWidget->GetResliceOutput();
    pImgData->Update();
    pImageViewer2->SetInput(pImageData);

This works it most cases. I can spin the plane widget using the mouse
as is setup by default. When I spin the plane close to 90 degrees, I
get a VTK error as soon as Update() is called on pImgData:

    ERROR: In .\vtkStreamingDemandDrivenPipeline.cxx, line 667
vtkStreamingDemandDrivenPipeline (05306378): The update extent
specified in the information for output port 0 on algorithm
vtkImageReslice(052DB2A8) is 0 511 0 63 0 0, which is outside the
whole extent 0 255 0 63 0 0.

I don't understand how the extents are not matching when the plane is
spun at this certain angle - I'm not modifying anything, just letting
the pipeline do the work. Any idea as to what I've done wrong here?

Thanks,
Mark