[vtkusers] Highlight a surface of a CAD geometry

Laibin Cong lb.cong at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 30 14:57:54 EDT 2006

Hi all,

  I am trying to use vtk to display a CAD geometry and run into a problem of highlight a surface of a geometry. The geometry is simply a cube,  I created a POLYDATA dataset which is consisted of all the tessellation points of the cube. By filtering out only the free edges of the dataset, the 6 edges of the cube were nicely displayed. I want to highlight one or some of the 6 faces of the cube, my idea is first filter out the face to be highlight, then highlight (maybe simply using different color), but I couldn't be able to find an appropriate class to filter out each of the face. Any idea that I could try? Thanks for your help.

  Regards,
  LB