[vtkusers] Re: Edge Visibility in vtkProperty

Goodwin Lawlor goodwin.lawlor at ucd.ie
Sat Sep 30 08:43:52 EDT 2006

Eugene Kim wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
>     I've seen some emails dating back to 2004 about this functionality
> not existing.  I have tried it myself, and so far it still seems to not
> work.  Can anyone confirm or reject this?

Hi Eugene,

The EdgeVisiblility var is used in vtkOOGLExporter and since vtk5.1 in
vtkShader.

The easiest way to get edge visibility is to create an vtkAssembly,
adding your model twice- once with surface rep and once with wireframe
rep. You'll probably need to use vtkMapper's ResolveCoincidentTopology
settings.

hth

Goodwin