[vtkusers] vtkTransform...almost there!

Anja Ende anja.ende at googlemail.com
Mon Sep 25 08:17:25 EDT 2006

Hi everyone,

I was getting really frustrated with getting the vtkTransform this weekend.
I finally have it working properly (almost!) with the oblique slicing and
the subsequent transformations.

The thread is here:
http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/vtkusers/2006-September/087168.html

The only issue that remains is that of adjusting for the change in the slice
position in the display.

So, basically this is what is happening:

I have a display that shows the 3 orthogonal slice initially. Then I rotate
the slices about a picked point in the Z axes. Now, the size of the slice
would depend on where the rotation point lies, of course. I notice that the
slice gets translated on the screen display and the amount of displacement
depends on the rotation center.

Now, when I try to calculate the transformed point on the screen, I need to
know the position of the 2D actor. However, even after the displacement the
actor returns the same position.

Basically, after the rotation I need to update some onscreen markers and
these markers are not been shown a bit off as the slice keeps jumping on the
screen.

This happens whether I have set the AutoCropOutputOn() or Off() on the
vtkImageReslice.

If anyone has any ideas of what is happening, I would be really grateful.
This problem has me stumped for days now...

Thanks and best,

Anja