[vtkusers] OrientationMarkerWidget question from VTK newbie

Romy Schneider romy at tacc.utexas.edu
Thu Sep 21 18:06:57 EDT 2006

Hello,

I am trying to use the OrientationMarkerWidget to provide orientation
information for the user.  I have created a vtkAxesActor object for
it to bind to (per step #2 in the doxygen class documentation),
however I don't want the main set of axes visible, just the
orientation marker.  How do I accomplish this?  When I set the
vtkAxesActor visibility off with VisibilityOff(), the orientation
maker widget goes away as well.  I searched around and tinkered a
bit, but can't figure it out.   Anyone know the solution?

Thanks,
Romy