[vtkusers] Re: Rotation does not happen about the center of the image

Anja Ende anja.ende at googlemail.com
Mon Sep 18 11:26:44 EDT 2006

Ok, here is basically what I do...

I have just tried to get the code that might be relevant here to demonstrate
the problem.

// Read the image
vtkDICOMImageReader * reader = vtkDICOMImageReader::New();
reader->SetDirectoryName("/home/anja/data/dicom/11088");
reader->Update();

// Apply the vtkImageChangeInformation filter
vtkImageChangeInformation * imageChangeInformation =
vtkImageChangeInformation::New();
imageChangeInformation->SetInput(reader->GetOutput());
imageChangeInformation->CenterImageOn(); // Centered the image here....
imageChangeInformation->Update();

vtkImageReslice * reslice = vtkImageReslice::New();
reslice->SetOutputDimensionality(2);
vtkTransform * transform = vtkTransform::New();
transform->Identity();
reslice->SetResliceTransform(transform);

reslice->SetInput(imageChangeInformation->GetOutput());

// Assume that the origin and spacing are set from the input data...num is
the Z slice index that
// we want to show

this->m_slicer->SetResliceAxesOrigin(0, 0, origin[2] + num * spacing[2]);

Now if I tell the transform to rotate along the z axes, it should rotate
about the center, right?

transform->RotateZ();

However, this rotation does not seem to be happening about the center...

Stangely though,

transform->Scale(factor, factor, 1.0);

scales correctly...i.e. the scaling is applied uniformly from the center...

I have a pretty urgent requirement and I need to fix this as soon as
possible. So, any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks,
Anja