[vtkusers] Problem with cursoring in vtkImagePlaneWidget + enum news to me

Peter Kok peter.kok at gmail.com
Fri Sep 15 17:12:30 EDT 2006

Hello Dean,

>what happens if you replace LEFT_BUTTON with VTK_LEFT_BUTTON etc. and
>recompile VTK and your application?

I have tried it and it does prevent the conflict, but it does not solve the
problem I am having with cursoring.

I have been trying several things and I finally got something working, but
only partially. I am using the output of a vtkImageCheckerboard as the input
for the vtkImagePlaneWidgets. If I insert the line:

checkers->Update();

after setting up the checkerboard, the image planes work as expected. That
is, when I click a new plane, the cursor works as it should. However, if I
change something in the checkerboard at run-time, such as the amount of
divisions, the situation returns to the original problem, where I cannot
select a new plane without first having to move it. Adding a call to
checkers->Update()
after changing the checkerboard doesn't work either.

Any suggestions?

-Peter