[vtkusers] Re: Re: Re: Creating a Volume from 2D BMP files.

Ashish Singh mrasingh at gmail.com
Thu Sep 14 01:02:18 EDT 2006

Hi Yixun,

I am using the volumerendering library as you mentioned. But still I am
getting the following errors.
1)ERROR: In ..\..\IO\vtkDICOMImageReader.cxx, line 255
vtkDICOMImageReader (0033C900): Either a filename was not specified or the
specified directory does not contain any DICOM images.

2)ERROR: In ..\..\VolumeRendering\vtkVolumeRayCastMapper.cxx, line 326
vtkVolumeRayCastMapper (02953718): Cannot volume render data of type short,
only unsigned char or unsigned short.

The 2nd error keeps repeating itself again and again.

How can I rectify these errors?

My code is as follows:

-----
#include "vtkConeSource.h"
#include "vtkPolyDataMapper.h "
#include "vtkRenderWindow.h"
#include "vtkCamera.h"
#include "vtkActor.h"#include "vtkImageActor.h"
#include "vtkOutlineFilter.h"
#include " vtkProperty.h"
#include "vtkPolyDataNormals.h"
#include "vtkContourFilter.h"
#include "vtkDataSetMapper.h"
#include "vtkImageMapper.h"
#include "vtkPiecewiseFunction.h "
#include "vtkVolumeProperty.h"
#include "vtkRenderer.h"
#include "conio.h"
#include "vtkDICOMImageReader.h"
#include "vtkImageViewer2.h"
#include " vtkJPEGReader.h"
#include "vtkRenderWindowInteractor.h"
#include "vtkVolumeMapper.h"
#include "vtkActor2D.h"
#include "vtkPolyDataMapper.h"
#include "vtkVolumeRayCastCompositeFunction.h "
#include "vtkVolumeRayCastMapper.h"

void main()
{

  vtkRenderer *arenderer = vtkRenderer::New();
  vtkRenderWindow *renwin = vtkRenderWindow::New();
  vtkDICOMImageReader *img1=vtkDICOMImageReader::New();

  img1->SetFilePrefix("D:\\testimages\\dicomset\\IM");
  img1->SetFilePattern("%s%d.dcm");
  img1->SetFileNameSliceOffset(1);
  img1->SetFileNameSliceSpacing(1);
  img1->SetDataExtent(0,511,0,511,1,10);//512x512 images and 10 slices
  img1->SetDataSpacing(360.0/512,360.0/512,1.0); //my image is 36cm x 36cm
and 512x512
  img1->SetDataOrigin(0.0,0.0,0.0);
  img1->Update();

  vtkVolume *vol=vtkVolume::New();
  vtkVolumeRayCastMapper *volumemapper = vtkVolumeRayCastMapper::New();
  vtkVolumeRayCastCompositeFunction
*rcf=vtkVolumeRayCastCompositeFunction::New();
  volumemapper->SetVolumeRayCastFunction(rcf);
  volumemapper->SetInput(img1->GetOutput());
  vol->SetMapper(volumemapper);

  vtkCamera *cam=vtkCamera::New();
  cam->SetViewUp(0,0,-1);
  cam->SetPosition(0,1,0);
  cam->SetFocalPoint(0,0,0);
  cam->ComputeViewPlaneNormal();

  arenderer->AddActor(vol);
  arenderer->SetActiveCamera(cam);
  arenderer->ResetCamera();
  arenderer->SetBackground(1,1,1);

  renwin->AddRenderer(arenderer);
  vtkRenderWindowInteractor *iren=vtkRenderWindowInteractor::New();
  iren->SetRenderWindow(renwin);
  renwin->Render();
  iren->Initialize();
  iren->Start();