[vtkusers] convert extract grid part to vtk

Fabian Braennstroem f.braennstroem at gmx.de
Tue Sep 12 10:32:51 EDT 2006

Hi,

I want to create a vtk/vtr data file from an extracted grid
or extracted dataset.

The aim is to append datasets from ensight formated files to
compare the results using the calculator.

The main procedure looks like this right now:

- Extract Datasets (e.g. the front side of a cube) or
  Extract Grids, if the Dataset does not explicitly have
special data sets

This works o.k., but unfortunately I am not able to append
datasets to ensight formated files, so that I have to
convert them to a vtr format. For this I am looking for a
way to save just the extracted part in vtr format. Is it
possible?
Before I tried to convert the whole ensight data file to
vtk, but then the filters extract grid and extract datasets
are not available anymore!?

By the way, I am using paraview 2.4.4 and the ensight files
are created with FLUENT.

Would be nice, if anybody can help!

Greetings!
 Fabian