[vtkusers] How to pick parts of a Glyph?

Florian Morr florianmorr at web.de
Fri Sep 8 04:58:37 EDT 2006

Hi all!

I'm quite new to vtk and here is what I'm trying at the moment:

I am visualizing a vector field using vtkGlyph3D and as source I'm using the output of vtkArrowSource.
What I'm actually want to do ist interact with the vectors of the vector field (e.g. changing length or direction of these vectors) and to do this I need to pick single arrows of the glyph?

Is there any way to do this or do I have to generate each arrow an corresponding actor to pick by myself (what is very slow)?

In the docu of vtkGlyph I found the method "GeneratePointIds(int)" and the describtion says:

"... Point generation is useful for debugging and pick operations."

In what way can I use the PointIds for pick operations?

I hope you can help me.

Thank you
Florian