[vtkusers] MPR views rotated along a axis

Uday Kurkure udaykurkure at gmail.com
Tue Sep 5 17:54:21 EDT 2006

Hi all,

I am new to VTK. I have a volume to be displayed and annotated in such a way
that user can scroll through the MPRs along x-axis. This means that as the
user hits a key (or moves a slider in QT/fltk), a slice is displayed that is
obtained by rotating yz plane along x axis by some step angle. Also, user
should be allowed to draw a curve/spline on the display slice.

I am not sure what is the best way to implement it. I am exploring
vtkImagePlaneWidget for the purpose but I cannot figure out how to restrict
it to display only the front side of the slices and disable user
interactions (spin/rotate). Another option I thought of is to use
vtkImageViewer2 by extracting the oblique slice and then displaying it in
the image viewer. The problem is that then I have to handle the
transformation of the clicked points to the image volume coordinate system.

Please help me to find the best way to implement this.

Thanks,
-Uday