[vtkusers] drawing png over vtk

Tim Thornton tt at smartcomsoftware.com
Mon Sep 4 13:38:40 EDT 2006

Hi,
I'm not sure if that will work, but what we have done to do something
similar is add the PNG file into vtk, so vtk renders both pictures. Vtk
supports the standard vtk transparency, and if you want to you can also
change the transparency of the image so that the underlying vtk graphics can
be seen.
The only drawback we have found is that the PNG routines are quite slow, at
least relative to JPEG, in VTK, so if you want an aniomation of a sequence
of PNG images this doesn't work too well.
Tim