[vtkusers] Qt with VTK error-MSVCP80.dll not found

Marc Cotran marc at cotran.ca
Thu Oct 12 00:33:39 EDT 2006

Ashish Singh wrote:
> Marc, seems you were right. There is something wrong with path. If I
> copy the dll in the same directory as the application. then it comes
> up with a different dll file(cannot open file msvcr80.dll), and then a
> different one..
> Did I miss any steps while rebuilding and installing VTK. Do I have to
> specify MSVC2005 paths anywhere?
> Plz. help.
Does it finally work after you satisfy all these missing dlls?

I guess I wrote that other email about the install process for
nothing... oh well, it may help others.

As for the Microsoft dlls, I have had that problem as well and I don't
know why it happens. I don't think it is a MSVC2005 issue, because I
have seen these missing dlls when installing binary versions of my
application on other machines.

Maybe some of the Windows gurus out there can help here.

Marc