[vtkusers] SimpleCocoaVTK problems

Sean McBride sean at rogue-research.com
Thu Nov 30 15:57:23 EST 2006

On 2006-11-30 12:48, Corrie said:

>Now I'm really confused.  I've tried to edit the CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER
>and CMAKE_C_COMPILER's in cmakecache.txt to g++-4.0 and gcc-4.0,
>respectively.  Then, after I save the file and cmake it a couple of
>times, it (cmakecache.txt) has reverted to having 3.3's in those
>fields.  Any idea why CMake can't get this to change?   I even tried
>putting "powerpc-apple-darwin8-gcc-4.0.1" in there and it still
>reverted back to gcc-3.3 in the cmakecache.txt file.   All this
>despite the fact when I ask gcc -v, I get "gcc version 4.0.1 (Apple
>Computer, Inc. build 5367)" in response.   How can I exorcise this
>ghost in the machine?

hmmm, sounds odd.  I'm afraid I don't know much about CMake really.
I've never touched CMAKE_C_COMPILER nor CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER.  It seems to
figure them out on its own.  For me, the values are:

CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER:FILEPATH=/usr/bin/c++
CMAKE_C_COMPILER:FILEPATH=/usr/bin/gcc

And /usr/bin/gcc is a symlink to whatever you choose with gcc_select.

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 sean at rogue-research.com