[vtkusers] SimpleCocoaVTK problems

Corrie lonewolfbiosci at verizon.net
Thu Nov 30 04:06:42 EST 2006

Hi,
I'm trying to get the SimpleCocoaVTK  Cocoa application written by
Sean McBride and Mike Jackson running on a G3 iMac running OSX
10.4.8, XCode 2.4.1 and  VTK 5.1 installed.  The libraries and
headers are installed in the appropriate directories per the XCode
source tree preferences (/usr/local/lib and /usr/local/include/
vtk-5.1, respectively).  When I build the application, I get one
error.  I've reinstalled VTK twice using the ccmake - make - make
install sequence with out of source builds.  The same error occurs
(below).  I don't know where to start to try to figure out what is
wrong here and would appreciate any help that might be provided. Thanks.
Corrie

      usr/bin/ld: Undefined symbols:
std::__default_alloc_template<true, 0>::deallocate(void*, unsigned long)
std::__default_alloc_template<true, 0>::allocate(unsigned long)
std::basic_istream<char, std::char_traits<char> >::seekg(long,
std::_Ios_Seekdir)
/usr/local/lib/libvtkRendering.a(vtkRenderWindowInteractor.o)
reference to undefined std::__default_alloc_template<true,
0>::deallocate(void*, unsigned long)
/usr/local/lib/libvtkRendering.a(vtkRenderWindowInteractor.o)
reference to undefined std::__default_alloc_template<true,
0>::allocate(unsigned long)
/usr/local/lib/libvtkFiltering.a(vtkAlgorithm.o) reference to
undefined std::__default_alloc_template<true, 0>::deallocate(void*,
unsigned long)
/usr/local/lib/libvtkFiltering.a(vtkAlgorithm.o) reference to
undefined std::__default_alloc_template<true, 0>::allocate(unsigned
long)
/usr/local/lib/libvtkFiltering.a(vtkInformationVector.o) reference to
undefined std::__default_alloc_template<true, 0>::deallocate(void*,
unsigned long)
REMAINDER OF THE ERROR LISTING HAS BEEN TRUNCATED: ALL CONTINUE TO
REFER TO THE "undefined std::....