[vtkusers] Mangled Mesa on Windows XP?

Obada Mahdi omahdi at gmx.de
Mon Nov 27 21:39:41 EST 2006

Hi Cory,

Which versions of VTK and Mesa are you using?

On 11/27/06, Cory Quammen <cquammen at cs.unc.edu> wrote:
> I was wondering if anyone has gotten mangled Mesa to work on Windows
> XP? I attempted to compie VTK with mangled Mesa, but had some
> compilation problems while building VTK. I'm mostly wondering if
> someone has gotten it to work so that I can justify spending time on
> resolving the compilation problems.

If  you are using VTK from CVS, could you please have a look at the
recent thread "[vtkusers] VTK 5.1 Mesa+Offscreen compilation problem"
at
http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/vtkusers/2006-November/088286.html
and
http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/vtkusers/2006-November/088331.html
and see if that helps?

I have not tried with recent VTK+Mesa on Windows yet, but that is
mostly because Mesa CVS head is blessed (again) with some symbol
declaration/definition/whatever issues, which I just don't feel like
fixing at the moment--or it might just be that I have yet to discover
that one magic Python script that really does the trick in configuring
the Mesa build scripts ;-)

Regards

Obada